|Pacapod Jura in Navy: £70|
|'Sammies' by Samsonite watermelon mini-suitcase... I couldn't resist.|
In the 'changer pod', I bring:
- A pack of wetwipes; currently using Boots ones. Used a few kinds and I don't have that much of an opinion on them really, but my least favourite have been Huggies as, to me, they just stink of alcohol - even the 'pure' ones.
- 5 x nappies; currently using Pampers New Baby in size 3. As mentioned before, my mum is obsessed with buying him Pampers because we found that he doesn't get nappy rash when he wears those.
- A pack of fragranced nappy bags... Didn't realise I needed these 'til I had a baby.
- 1 x spare onesie to change Joseph into in case he has an accident.
- Spare breast pads, in case I have an accident.
- A couple of lotions, that I've never used, that came with an Emma's Diary sample pack.
In the 'feeder pod' I bring:
- A muslin; my two fave brands are Aden+Anais (a set of three were bought for us as a gift) and Lollypop (which I can't find online in the UK, but are sometimes available from TKMaxx. (I can't believe I have an opinion on muslins, by the way.)) I like both brands because the muslins are bigger than your average muslin so can be used as light blankets too, and the Lollypop ones can be used as full-on swaddles.
- A bib (a friend bought us two Sea Shepherd ones which are darn cool.)
- A bottle bag with a sterilised bottle of boiled water in, and a container of pre-measured formula powder. Joseph's mid-afternoon 'lunchtime' feed is, more often than not, his one formula feed for the day so if I'm going out I'll boil the water before I go, then by the time he's due his meal it is usually around the right temperature so I just bung the formula powder in, shake and feed.
- Thermal Tommee Tippee bottle bag which came with my sterilising kit.
In the zippy sections, I keep:
A Lamaze travel play mat, which was a present from my auntie and has come in handy at peoples' houses, picnics (when I've not thought to bring a picnic blanket), and outdoor pub lunches when Joseph's decided he wants to lay flat and have a kick about.
|Joseph with his friend, Casey, on the Lamaze playmat.|
|I use 'summer rain' or 'rain downpour' most often.|
And, lastly, a couple of toys, usually Sophie the giraffe and a rattle.
|Looking very Britpop in his hat, shades and dummy.|
What changing bag do you have? Are you happy with it?