Some truths and thoughts. Some of which aren't all that pretty.
- when you turn up to your baby's swimming class and you realise you forgot to shave your armpits. It makes for a self-conscious 'around in a circle and up in the air' let me tell you!
- when you turn up to your baby's swimming class and you realise you forgot to shave your legs an' all. Ah, they're under the water, no one will see!
- when you look down at your boobs and see that there's even less of them now, nine months post-partum, than there was pre-pregnancy.
- when your nipples just aren't right anymore. Maybe a bit scabby. There, I said it. I blame expressing. I should probably get that checked out.
- when you can't stop eating sugar and you crack open the Ben&Jerry's when your baby's finally gone down for a nap. Screw the relentless housework.
- when you admit to yourself that you're eating ice cream before 11am.
- when you wonder how some mums just seem to have it totally nailed. Do they have doubts about everrryyythinggg too or do they actually think 'damn, I am nailing life right now!'
- when your baby has made a total mess of their high chair and you have to try to figure out how to make the least amount of mess- 'do I wipe his hands or the tray first? Bib off or on?' 'Ah crap, weetabix on my fresh top' (who am I kidding, weetabix on my fresh-last-night pyjamas).
- when you wonder how, even with a pelican bib, a cover-all bib and a muslin on their lap, just HOW they always manage to get food on their thighs/ass.
- when you just can't decide which filter to use on your latest Instagram picture.
- when you decide to just not post it at all.
- when you post it but hate it.
- when you wonder how everyone else's photos look so darn good. Not just on their own, but as a collection.
- when you curse yourself for not being arty.
- when you decide 'ah screw it' but think the same thing the next day too.
- when you think you might be over-thinking Instagram.
- when you forget to record a milestone and curse yourself for being crap at recording milestones... and using your milestone cards.
- when you look down at your hands and think 'i really need to sort out my nails/cuticles/dry skin' but never do.
- when you count the sweetcorn kernels in your baby's nappy.
- yup, I am disgusting!
P.S. Linking up with #THELIST